vrijdag 25 juli 2008

Practicing for the "Normalsville" score.

Yesterday all the mayhem began: I returned from my well deserved vacation in Luxemburg, and in the evening I was at my new school: The Veenlanden College Locatie Mijdrecht (since the VLC vinkeveen does not provide HAVO grade 4 & 5 I had to move - difficult story) to attend the first practice with the choir for Normalsville.
The boys choir.
Seriously - a 72 piece boy choir (which I shall refer as the "Studio Voices") assembled after a sort of a "in school" casting call for boys who'd like to sing.

I thought we'd end up with seven or nine boys, since most of 'em are very shy...
But look: we got 72 boys!


So, one would ask why these boys are crazy enough to come to school during their vacation, to record some a capella vocal pieces?
I honestly don't know it either... They're just nice boys... Just nice boys...
Yesterday evening we rehearsed most of the 20 (!) cues we have to record with them, 20 cues which is equivalent to 50 mins of a capella music, approx. 120 GB's of hard disk space, and a *lot* of score sheets... 
Today, we continued the rehearsal with the last 5 cues, and next week we'll spend five days recording the boys, split up in two sections of 36, the full 72 piece choir, and overlay those pieces to give a 144 piece feel! 

Sounds easy, but it isn't. That's why it takes us approx. 7 days to record everything. If we split the 20 "complete" cues up in the parts recorded loose, we have 237 cues to record, most of them 20 to 30 seconds, rises & "ooooo's". And finally, we'll ad the 72 piece choir for the lyrics. 



Aren't they cute? :-) 

Now yer curious about *what* exactly will be recorded.
I can't say everything about it, but I *can* say that we'll have lots of OOOOO'S and AAAA'S, some lyric-songs, and also some backing vocals for the horror-pieces, which run throughout the series. 

Of Course, all compositions are Ralf Wienrich & Tobias Marberger, 



Gotta go now, the crew and I are off having a dinner with 'em :-)

More soon!




Geen opmerkingen: