woensdag 16 juli 2008

I'm ill.

Yes folks. I am. 
No lies. I'm ill. 
It's the worst thing that could happen to a creative person. It's the worst thing that could happen to a creative person in possession of a macbook running final draft & Pages during summer break. 

It's a writers block. A mild one. 

I feel this... terrible need to write, but once I've opened a blank page in pages or final draft, no thing in the world (not even Jasper) gets my creative juices flowing... 

So, that's why I decided to take a little time off from fiction writing. 
Since I have some of the greatest friends a man can wish, they took this very serious (I'm not me when I'm not writing - their words) so they decided to take me on a small trip to "our" Island, where we would have a "comfortable stay" at our luxurious, three person tent. Ofcourse, one could imagine that four friends in a three-person capable tent could be a problem.
We can't
Of course, one could imagine that four friends in a three person capable tent with only two beds to sleep on, could be a problem.
We can't.

So, there we went with the boat out to the "great open", the Vinkeveense Plassen. After a short 40-minute trip, we arrived and set up our campsite. 
It already started to get pretty late, so we decided to take some sleep. 
But then the problem came up: two beds, four people. And one couple.
So, Andy & Nina (the couple) shared a bed, and I, the lonesome dude with the writer's block was forced to share the sheets with... 
The desperate homosexual; Maikel. 
He's a great dude, and one of my best friends since kindergarten, but, for me, not the ideal person (and gender) to share a bed with. 
I was kinda lying pressed against the wall under the waaaaaaaaay to small pink blanket we even had to SHARE (just like the pillow) and tried to get some sleep. 
Then Andy decided to play pokemon on the GameBoy with the sound turned on and waked me up at like 2 AM because of the stupid musical underscore of the game... And I didn't get pretty much sleep, at all.

And so I was distracted from writing issues a little bit. And it helped. 
A bit.
At least I can say that I've had a taste of Campinglife and my writer's block is getting less worde and worse....

I'll keep you guys updated. 

Geen opmerkingen: